R U at School or College?
METRO is able to work with indiviudal schools to address bullying, increase knowledge and skills in gender and sexual diversity and equality and taking a whole school approach. Our services include:
- Policy and procedure including staff equal opportunities policy, anti-bullying policy, where to display these and reporting mechanisms.
- staff training to build confidence in responding to homophobia and providing support to young people who may be questioning their sexuality.
- Classroom workshops as part of PSHE, on the topic of sexuality and homophobic bullying.
- Support and advice on promoting positive reflections of LGBT people across the curriculum, particularly during LGBT History Month in February and Anti-Bullying Week in November.
- One to one support for young people questioning their sexuality and referral into LGBT youth groups, counselling and other internal and external services including sexual health and peer mentoring.
For more information about any of our youth groups call 0208 305 5000 or why not email us email@example.com. Your enquiry will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
MYAP (METRO Youth Accreditation and Participation Project)
The MYAP service is a free and confidential service for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans young people aged 16 to 25 years old, including those who are questioning their sexuality or gender, who live or socialise in Tower Hamlets.
A MYAP worker supports you to get into education, training or employment and offers you that support to get a foot in the door.
We can support you with;
- Writing a CV
- Application forms for Work, Study or Training opportunities
- Support in finding you courses and opportunities
- One to one support
- And much more
To find out more or to meet with a support worker call 0208 305 5000, or why not email us firstname.lastname@example.org. Your enquiry will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Ebere - First Point
I wish this service was around when I was newly diagnosed. I felt my world had fallen apart around me and I didn't know which way to turn for support. You are offering a very valuable service.
Simon - Mentoring
By discussing things at such an intimate level with my mentor, I really came face to face with some of the reasons why I was taking chances before.
Joe - Mentoring
The programme had such an impact on my life that I decided to come on board as a volunteer mentor!
Kwasi - Mentoring
During the 6 month programme, I developed a close relationship with my mentor. Knowing that I would have to talk to him honestly about what I did in the previous 2 weeks somehow forced me to be safe every time I had an encounter.
David - Counselling
Outstanding people. Outstanding service. Outstanding counselling. Truly something that has allowed me to turn my life around.
Michael - Counselling
I gained a huge amount of help from the counselling service and would like to thank the service for offering so much support.
Peter- First Point
I felt so relieved to have a named First Point worker who I can call if I need to be referred to a particular service.
Abimbola- First Point
It has been a long time since I felt that someone actually listened to me.
Joan - First Point
Thank you so much for taking time to listen to me and truly understand how I am feeling. This is the only appointment I've had regarding HIV that didnít feel rushed.
Sarah - Counselling
The help and understanding I experienced from everyone I came into contact with whilst using the Metroís services was amazing.