- Our Work with NHS Trusts
- Our Work with GPs
- Chlamydia Outreach
- Health Trainer Outreach
- Kent Medway Services
- Our Work with Councils
- Our Work with Schools and Colleges
- Condoms for Young People
- International Services
- GMI Partnership
- HIV Prevention Campaigns
- Media Distribution
- Public Relations Media Statements
Having completed a major needs assessment with over 200 LGBT people across Kent and Medway in 2008-09, the Metro Centre has worked collaboratively with a range of individuals and organisations to implement the recommendations of the Branching Out Report.
Key outcomes to date include:
- The development of a weekly LGBT surgery at Thanet Gateway in Margate - contact Greg for opening times
- The formation of the Kent/Medway LGBT Community Reference Group
- Funding through the Kent Community Fund and Comic Relief to undertake a feasibility study of services and opportunities to address the mental health needs of LGBT people in East and coastal Kent
- The development of partnerships with THT in Brighton to deliver HIV prevention to gay and bisexual men in Kent and Medway
- For more information on Metro services in Kent and Medway, or for copies of the Branching Out Report, please contact Greg.
Sarah - Counselling
The help and understanding I experienced from everyone I came into contact with whilst using the Metroís services was amazing.
Abimbola- First Point
It has been a long time since I felt that someone actually listened to me.
Simon - Mentoring
By discussing things at such an intimate level with my mentor, I really came face to face with some of the reasons why I was taking chances before.
Kwasi - Mentoring
During the 6 month programme, I developed a close relationship with my mentor. Knowing that I would have to talk to him honestly about what I did in the previous 2 weeks somehow forced me to be safe every time I had an encounter.
Michael - Counselling
I gained a huge amount of help from the counselling service and would like to thank the service for offering so much support.
Peter- First Point
I felt so relieved to have a named First Point worker who I can call if I need to be referred to a particular service.
David - Counselling
Outstanding people. Outstanding service. Outstanding counselling. Truly something that has allowed me to turn my life around.
Ebere - First Point
I wish this service was around when I was newly diagnosed. I felt my world had fallen apart around me and I didn't know which way to turn for support. You are offering a very valuable service.
Joe - Mentoring
The programme had such an impact on my life that I decided to come on board as a volunteer mentor!
Joan - First Point
Thank you so much for taking time to listen to me and truly understand how I am feeling. This is the only appointment I've had regarding HIV that didnít feel rushed.